Thursday, October 15, 2009

Louisiana Book Festival

If you live in Louisiana, near Baton Rouge, or if you were thinking of heading that way this weekend, I'm going to be at the Louisiana Book Festival. On Saturday morning, I'm on a panel with Juyanne James and Geoff Wyss about New Stories From the South 2009 and then I'm giving a reading at 1:00 pm by myself. And I have a real concern that I will be reading by myself, that not a single person will be there. And then I'd have to walk to the signing pavilion and sit there for thirty minutes. While I am there, I plan to eat many, many roast beef and gravy po' boys. And there's a place near my hotel that has boudin pizza. Oh, yes.

3 comments:

Molly Gaudry said...

Have fun! You won't be the only one there. And, um, yum!

Alex said...

Watch out for water lurking on top of those festival tents...

K. Wilson said...

Hey Molly! If it hadn't been for awesome writer and all-around nice guy Skip Horack bringing his family to see me read, I would have had four people at my reading. Good lord, it was depressing. After the reading, I went to a pizza place called Schlitz & Giggles and destroyed an extra large pepperoni pizza by myself while I watched the Florida Gators beat Arkansas. I then promptly passed out in my hotel room. The boudin pizza at Pasttime was a disappointment, too. It's a case where two awesome things are made less awesome because they cancel each other out.