Friday, August 21, 2009

Apostrophe Cast

If you want to hear the sound of my voice, you can hear me reading my story from the new issue of The Collagist thanks to the awesome site, Apostrophe Cast. I'm proud to be reading alongside Charles Jensen and Kim Chinquee, who have outstanding work in the issue.

I recorded the audio for this thing on my computer while I was in a hotel room in Walterboro, SC. It took me a long time to get it right. One time, someone from housekeeping tried to get into my room, even though I had the Do Not Disturb sign on the doorknob, and I felt very awkward to be reading about how sinkholes are "the most vaginal of god's natural occurrences."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Very cool. Hope you had a great Labor Day, and that the conference went well this summer.




Steve Denton